Subscribers

Blog Archive

Monday, December 12, 2011

My Views On Tim Tebow

Yes, I know Tim Tebow is 7-1 as a starter for the Broncos and I completely respect the fact that he DOES win, as well as the WAY that he wins. I really loved this guy in College, despite that I'm an Ohio State guy.

So, why am I not on the bandwagon?

I’ll tell ya. Look at who he’s beaten so far.

#1 Miami Dolphins - a team that was WINLESS when they played and actively searched out ways to lose at the time.

#2 Oakland Raiders - I don’t think the Raiders are particularly good, period. BUT, their starting QB was done for the year and this was Carson Palmers first start since 2010 and their star RB (McPhaden) did not play.

#3 KC Chiefs - We all agree the Chiefs suck, right? Oh yeah and their star RB (Charles) and SS (Berry) as well as a bunch of other defenders were out that game.

#4 NY Jets - Perhaps the best team they’ve beaten was 5-4 coming into this game. 5 AND 4. They were a .500 team after this game. Do you consider that good? And they’d just had their asses handed to them by New England.

#5 San Diego Chargers - Losers of FIVE IN ROW coming into this game. Yeah, the Chargers are a legitimate threat… Please.

#6 Minnesota Vikings - The Vikings are 2-11, need I write more?

#7 Chicago Bears - Finally a good team… Before they lost their starting QB (Cutler) and star RB (Forte). Do you really think the Bears score 10 points if those two guys play? Really?

Now, again, you still have to win the games and Tebow and his Broncos have accomplished that. Oh, wait a minute, that’s only 7 games. They did play one other.

#8 Detroit Lions - Though the Lions don’t look nearly as good now, they were playing great when they met up with Denver in week 8 and trounced them 45-10. This is the only good team Denver has played.

Yet despite this I see a very clear path for them to a Super Bowl win; almost as if it was preordained by a supreme being that I totally don't believe in. Here's why:

This Sunday it’s the Patriots. Yes, Tom Brady and his awesome Patriots… Who tote in the LAST RANKED defense in the league. I’m not saying Denver will win. I don’t think they will, but it would not totally surprise me. However, they will beat the crappy Bills the following week and the pathetic Chiefs again in the final Sunday.

They’ll be 10-6 (possibly 11-5 if they can take out New England), win the division and play a wild card team at home in the playoffs. At the moment I think they’d be playing the NY Jets in that game. A team they’ve already beaten. Could they beat them again. Of course. In which case Tebow will be lauded as a Superhero if he’s not already and hey if Denver wins a playoff game that would be a MAJOR accomplishment.

Second round. I have no idea how these match ups are made, but if they play Baltimore, they’d be playing against a team whose offense completely disappears at times. Could they defeat the Ravens if Tebows offense only needs to score 10 or 14 points? Hell yeah they could, especially if seven of them are supplied by a pick-six from Flacco (something Flacco does a lot).

Third Round would be a legitimately good team. If they could win against Pittsburgh, Houston, or New England in the playoffs, I think I’d finally have to tip my cap to Tim Tebow, but I don't think it'll happen. Of course if there's a key injury or two on any of those teams before Denver plays them... That would mean…

Denver would play Green Bay (guessing, of course) in the Super Bowl.
The Pack would have then won a whopping 24 straight games!!! Could they finally be due for a plain out horrible performance across the board? Hmmm. It’s not that far fetched.

So here we have a scenario where Tebow wins a Super Bowl in his rookie season; something that has never been done by a rookie QB. Yet, if the perfect storm occurs….

I don’t think it will, but even if it does, I’d still bet on Denver not even making the playoffs next year.

I have nothing against Tim Tebow (even though he’s a religious zealot, which kinda creeps me out). I simply don’t think he’s that good of a QB. But, I’m an open minded guy. He could change my mind. He DOES get a little better every game. But, really, even if he continues to be an average Quarterback at best (83.9 QBR (#14 of 32 basically middle of the pack)), does it really matter as long as he keeps on winning?

I’m not sure that it does….

Any way we can get him on my Browns????

If you enjoyed this rant PLEASE subscribe to my blog.
Comments are also MOST WELCOME

No comments:

Post a Comment