Subscribers

Blog Archive

Friday, June 10, 2011

Yet Another Reason I'd Better Make It In A Creative Field, Or Else...

So, I'm Temping at some office, writing 1,000 checks a day for some multimillion-dollar company that noone's ever heard of and my immediate supervisor, whom I think of as Duckface because he remarkably resembles a cross between Huey, Dewey, and Louie (no kidding) asks me about a small batch of checks I wrote the day before. I have no freaking idea. Can't recall which those 15 checks might have been, where they might be now, or who I may have written them to (though none were payable to me, I can assure you).

He tells me with some seriousness that I'm responsible for said checks and all I can think is, "Hey buddy, in three weeks I will never set foot in this office again. Let me show you just how heavy the weight of responsibility over your missing checks is burdening me..."

Meanwhile, there was nothing wrong with the checks and therefore it turned out there was no reason to need to track them down (they were eventually discovered moments later in the exact place they were supposed to be), but clearly my attitude is incompatible with success in most fields of business.

*Sigh*

Anyone wanna make a movie?


If you enjoyed this PLEASE subscribe to my blog.
Comments are also MOST WELCOME

No comments:

Post a Comment