Subscribers

Blog Archive

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Poetic Interlude #2 - Ramblings

ELEGY

This could be a happy day
Or this could be the saddest occasion I ever knew
I’m coming home to you
In awkward smiles and tongue ties
In loneliness and playful cries
I’m coming home to you
Will you take me in
And take me out
And never lie and never shout
I’m all alone
So go away
Just hold me now and always
Stay
True to things you love the most
And leave the rest
To darken the early spring
Like the sacred songs we sing
Will you push me out
Or close me in
And never die and never sin
You’re all alone
So stay away
Just hold me now and always
Pray
To a god if there’s such a thing
I once heard
When snow was still new to my eyes
That stranger things exist

This could be a happy day
But why stop there
With so much more out there to fear
I’m coming home to you
---------------------------------------------------
ODE TO TULL

Oh can't you see, I'm just trying to help you out
Your scream's but a whisper, my silence a shout
If you seek the proper path, stay clear of the road
You can't free your hands til you let go your load
Of useless inspiration and lonely greed
Of quiet degradation and selfish need
Of boring contemplation that you feed
To the few
That you screw

Await the revolt, it's certain to start
And the vestible claw will run through your heart
Only with wisdom can the challenge be met
So you'd better remember what you'd have them forget
Like it's never wise to bite the hand that feeds
And the more love you spurn the more contempt you breed
And you shouldn't take lightly all the needs
Of the few
That you screw

Cause the few will rise up and then you'll see
That your plans will blow away like so much steam
And though you try to fight, what will block your dreams
Will be the few
That you screw
-------------------------------------------------------------
WHITE RECLUSE SAPIEN

I see between the anger
All the guns that fill their hands
Shooting flags of death commands
While survivors group in bands
And try to plan a way to alleviate the tension

Should I join the fight
Or should I hide inside my cave
Pretending I too could be brave
Though it’s my own life that I save
As I back away from divine intervention

Cause there is nothing that I want
Except my freedom and my peace
As they fill me full of grease
To help me slither with more ease
Down the long dark rusty pipe of discontentment

And if you gazed upon my soul
As it was basking in the dark
You would never see the spark
That keeps me in front of the shark
And leaves me looking up ahead with such resentment
-------------------------------------------------------
I LOVE PARIS IN THE WINTER

Climbed to the top of the Eiffel Tower
I'm sweaty wanna take a shower
Until the cool breeze
Gives me the most wonderful freeze

You can't jump from the top
But, baby if you could
I'd take your hand and fly
All the way to Hollywood

I think we'd make it if we try
I'm telling you it's just that high

I took a ride that day
On the Paris Underground
They don't tell you how bad it smells
Or how noisy it sounds

You've got to mind the gap
Or ya might fall on the track
I wouldn't trust the train to stop
And then I'd never get back

Home to Hollywood
And that would not be good

I walked through Pere La Chaise
Cause I'm that kinda brave
Five Euro if I win the race
First one to Morrison's grave

I took the cash I won
Got us what we want
Cadbury fingers for you
For me a chocolate croissant

Only in Paris can I eat this good
That must be understood
I think my next stop might be Rome
But, it' always nice to come home

Oh home to Hollywood
My perfect between vacation 'hood

If you enjoyed these poems PLEASE subscribe to my blog.
Comments are also MOST WELCOME

No comments:

Post a Comment